The bachelor of nursing will be able to:
- Provide nursing care in community and household levels, hospitals and health centers.
- Diagnose the needs of care and assistance to the individual that the family and the community have in the situation of health and disease.
- Integrate cross-cutting interdisciplinary team, participating in decision-making related to the comprehensive and continuous care, respecting their values, customs and beliefs.
- Promote the participation of the community in the pursuit of improvement in the quality of life.
- Demonstrate Christian ethical conduct, assuming responsibility for their actions and respecting the principles governing professional practice.
- Plan, execute and evaluate nursing care aimed at the satisfaction of needs of the healthy or sick individual in self-care situations and in intermediate complexity in different levels of prevention.
- Define, establish and participate in policies of care, administration, education and research in nursing.
- Perform functions directives and teaching careers at university and non-university schools of nursing, private and state nursing assistant courses.
- Participate in nursing research and other areas in order to contribute to the professional development and the improvement of the health of the population.
- Provide nursing care in high risk situations of healthcare centers and of the community.
During the 5 years course of study, students realize hospital, community and laboratoryinternshipswith high-tech equipment.